Helping coaches teach the game of soccer to NFWASA players.
Online Coaching Guides & Resources
- Contact players/parents from previous season to remind them to register on time.
- Contact your age group commissioner to inform him/her of your intent to return and coach again the following season.
- Register as a coach in the GotSoccer.com online registrations system. (every season)
- Complete the online background check form. (anytime for new coaches & in fall for returning coaches)
- Schedule and attend a coaches clinic to hone your coaching skills (the association will even pay for it!).
- Attend pre-season coaches meeting.
- Check rosters online in the GotSoccer online registration system.
- Contact players/parents as soon as rosters are finalized to arrange practice times/locations and to inform the team of team policies regarding practice and coaching philosophies.
- Provide to the parents of your players a copy of the Zero Tolerance Policy and explain its importance and that it is strictly enforced.
- Pick up uniforms, coaches (and team manager) cards, referee checks (U7+).
- Cash your referee check and divide into envelopes with correct change for each game.
- Hand out uniforms at practice prior to the first game.
- Distribute to the parents the link to the online schedule for the season.
- Create and distribute the after-game snack schedule.
During the Season
- Arrive early to practices and games to prepare for your players' arrival.
- Communicate regularly with the players/parents, including reminders prior to games.
- Bring to each game a printed copy of the NMCSL Game Report form with team and roster information already filled in. (for U9+)
- Call in the games scores within 24 hours of the game, regardless of home/away or win/lose. (U9+)
- Schedule team photos with the designated association photographer (you will be contacted with instructions).
- Inform parents of any game reschedules and always use the official online schedules for reference.
- Pick up participation (U5-U8) and placement (U9+) trophies from the equipment director at the designated time/location.
- Hold a post-season team celebration and distribute trophies.
- Remind parents to register early for the next season to ensure they are placed back on your team.